DaleW

Default TN: Hiedler GV Loess

Last evening the heat and humidity both dropped, leaving us with a nice
breezy summer evening. Betsy marinated some thick veal rib chops with
sage/garlic. One neighbor brought over some gorgeous romaine, and Betsy
made a simple salad. As I put the chops and some summer squash on the
grill, the other neighbors dropped by to show off their 2 9-week Yorkie
pups, who were so cute I almost forgot to flip the chops. But they were
fine (maybe best job I've ever done with veal on grill), as was the
2004 Hiedler L=F6ss Gr=FCner Veltliner. Lighter-weight GV, maybe a tad
light for the veal, but well-made and tasty. My first 2004 Austrian,
bodes well. Apple fruit with a dash of lemon and plenty of white
pepper, there's a minerally/spicy edge to the finish (not long, but
fine for a light-bodied wine). Clean, clear, and distinctive, very good
value at $12. B++

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency