Michael Plant

[Mike Petro]
> Regarding the "Bamboo component" I have found a very wide range of
> noticeable flavor. The handmade nature of these teas seems to lend
> itself to wide variations even within a given brand. I have
> experienced everything from an almost perfume like thick fragrance to
> a barely noticeable hint of something extra. For what its worth I
> prefer a light influence on my sheng puerhs but a heavier influence on
> my shu puerhs. The characteristics I associate with the "bamboo
> component" are likened to grass, hay, and hints of grain.
>
> Michael, the last batch of bamboo canes we shared was an anomaly in my
> opinion. It seemed more like a heavily roasted oolong than a puerh to
> me, albeit still tasty it was not typical.

[Michael]
Thanks Mike, that's interesting and good to know. My experience with these
teas is more or less limited to two I'd gotten from Silk Road Teas (David
Hoffman) a year or two ago, and a couple samples sent to me by vendors, one
that Rick sent awhile back, and the canes we've shared. My favorite was
David's because it is most subtle, wherein the bamboo quality integrates
into the total picture more gently. Adding to my previoius description in
another post -- "flower-reedy," I think your "perfume like thick fragrance"
could also be said. I think we're getting to the bottom of it. Thanks too
for the pictures.

snip

Michael