Mike Petro

[Mike Petro]
>> In my limited experience the market value of puerh is based on several
>> factors:
>>
>> 1) The factories reputation
>> 2) The production recipe used
>> 3) How well the cake was stored
>> 4) The quality of production that year
>> 5) The quantity of the crop in the given year
>> 6) The reputation for that particular vintage/recipe.
>> 7) Other factors such as limited edition batches etc
>> 8) What the market will bear......

[Michael Plant]
>It would be fascinating to perform a *weighted* average calculation
>on your list. I'd place 50% of the weight on eight.

[Mike Petro]
In the USA market I would agree with you. In the better Eastern shops
the first 7 carry a lot more weight than they do here.
Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
"In this work, when it shall be found that much is omitted, let it not be forgotten that much likewise is performed."
Samuel Johnson, 1775, upon finishing his dictionary.