usual suspect

Rupert wrote:
>>You already claimed to have done that research. You provide your
>>data, killer.
>>see below...

> No, I didn't. I claimed to have read some information about intensive
> rearing of animals.

From activists.

> "Factory-farming" sounds like a pretty reasonable
> description to me. I don't need to point you to all the descriptions of
> it in the literature.

But please do so we can see which specific activist group(s) you're
parroting.

>>No, you haven't. You've spewed vegan propaganda without any
>>data. Show your proof, fool. Aterall, you claimed to have done
>>all the research.

> I have pointed out that intensively reared animals suffer considerably.

Without evidence. I just linked to photos of horrendous "factory" pork
farms. Where are the small pens, lack of sun or straw, etc.?

> I have pointed out that most animal food production requires more plant
> production than plant food production.

And ignored rebuttal that grains and legumes fed to livestock are
generally unfit for human consumption.

> And I have linked to an article
> which discusses Davis' ruminant-pasture model of food production, and
> compares it to a vegan model.

That article doesn't significantly deal with Davis' thesis.

> If you feel there's a contention I've made which isn't adequately
> supported by all of this, tell me what it is.

1. That some kinds of agriculture are "factory" and others aren't.
2. That the activists are correct that the exceptions are the rule.
3. That animals suffer inordinate abuse from modern farming methods.
4. That veganism causes less animals to die than any other diet.
5. That the solution to all man's problems is based on meat.

I'll add more if I remember them later.

>>But then, you should know that, since afterall, you did all that
>>research, right killer?

> You really are quite bizarre. You think that somehow my claim to have
> made an informed decision to become vegan entails that I should have
> gone through all the Usenet archives to find out what arguments you
> have offered in the past? If you want to convince me, just present me
> with the arguments.

I'm convinced your decision was uninformed: you read vegan/AR propaganda
and swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. You never once sought out any
other side of the story (much less the accurate one).