usual suspect

Rupert wrote:
<...>
>>Moreover, this kind of wholesale destruction for crop production is far more "inhumane"
>>than the factory farming of a large hog operation. The hogs aren't sliced and diced,
>>squished, starved, out of water, or evicted from their "nests".

> They are kept in small crates too narrow from them to turn around.

You mean like these?
http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/vetext...AN_PigFarm.gif
http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/undergrad/ag_eng16.jpg
http://www.cviog.uga.edu/Projects/ga...es/hogfarm.jpg
http://www.ams.usda.gov/contracting/contract4.jpg

Oh, the bloody ****ing horror!

> They are deprived of straw and other sources of amusement.

Evidence?

> They suffer greatly from boredom.

Evidence?

> Their tails are docked without anaesthetic.

Evidence?

> They
> stand on either wire mesh, slatted floors or concrete floors, which are
> unnatural footings.

Evidence?

> They suffer from poor air quality due to poor
> ventilation and accumulating waste products.

Evidence?

> They are often abused at
> the loading and unloading stages of transport.

Evidence?

> Furthermore it takes
> eight pounds of protein in hog feed to generate a pound of pork.

****ing lie! See the chart on the following pork feed page:
http://tinyurl.com/85e6j

A 20-25kg hog will feed for 40-50 days on 82-91kg of feed and gain about
32kg. That's not an 8:1 ratio, it's a ~3:1 ratio.

------

I know I asked for evidence above, but I already know what you'll
produce. Your sources for all this disinformation are *activists*, not
scientists. You even parrot their emotionally-charged terms about
suffering and abuse.