usual suspect

>>>The main point of veganism is to boycott factory-farming, which
>>>causes
>>>animals to lead miserable lives.

>>=======================
>>Problem for you is that vegans support massive fatory-farms,
>>fool. All mono-cultue crop production is factory-farming, and it
>>kills large numbers of animals, directly and indirectly. The
>>only problem I see with Davis is that he only counts animals that
>>are killed directly by crop farming. Your problem is that many
>>more animals die per acre than are killed by machinery
>>operations. Many more die at the end of the season from
>>stavation and predation, because YOU forced their numbers to an
>>unnaturally high level because of all the easy food and cover.
>>You then take it all away when their numbers are the greatest,
>>leaving them with nothing, killer. Too bad you're such a
>>blood-thirsty ghoul, eh fool?

> I think you'll find "factory-farming" usually refers to the intensive
> rearing of animals.

Your little pejorative fits *all* farming methods. Agriculture is an
industry just like any other. It uses raw materials and has a variety of
finished goods. The people who engage in the agriculture industry profit
from it, the same as any other industry (including the one in which
you're employed or studying to be employed).

> Have you got a justification for calling
> mono-culture crop production "factory-farming"?

Have you ANY idea how crops are grown? They're planted on schedule.
Watered on scheduled. Poisoned (pesticides, herbicides) on schedule.
Harvested on schedule. Just like a factory.

> Anyway, it's all very well to abuse me for supporting these practices,

At least you realize you're a hypocrite.

> but you don't offer any serious alternative to doing so.

1. Grow your own food in a manner consistent with your pseudo-values.
2. Hire farmers to hand sow and harvest your food. Keep in mind that
manual labor is costly and it has to be worth the farmer's time.
3. Forage. There are many sources for information about urban and rural
foraging online and elsewhere.

Is that a good enough start?