Michael Plant

Space 6/22/05

> When a guy pops in the group selling stuff and says trust me, yeah
> right. Commercial advertising in this group is prohibited. If you
> can't find pu'rh in Chinatown it ain't no Chinatown. It'll go for
> about penny/gram. I'll leave it up to your taste buds if cheap is
> good. Or you can pay $10 for the Xiaguan Millennium 100g tuocha from
> the website in Houston which has been previously recommended by the
> Barnum of Puer which cost less than a buck in my Chinatown. If you
> have any scarce pu'rh me or others will be willing to sample it for
> you. It won't remain scarce too long. The term refers to stupid
> foreigners which includes Occidentals and Asians. You've already
> picked the wrong side.
>
> Jim

Jim,

Of course I agree with you on the Chinatown thing, but as for the better and
best Pu'erhs, think of it this way: Could you walk into to any car dealer
and pick up a Bentley? No. You'd have to go pretty far out of your way. So
it is with Pu'erh. You can get reasonably good Pu'erh in any Chinatown, but
for the truly good stuff, you need to range further out. After all, the
average Chinese living in your area is no more likely to appreciate or buy
excellent Pu'erh than the average Gringo is likely to.....well, don't get me
started.

If you find the point to my comments above, please share them with me.

Thanks.

Michael