rmg

"Max Krippler" > wrote in message

> Does anybody have a resource on where I can find those
> dark chocolate wafer cookies that are commonly used for ice cream
> sandwiches? They all look and taste so remarkably similar, there must
> be only one or two companies making them.
>
> I know that the die-hard chefs out there will tell me to make my own,
> but I would lose the novelty of having sandwiches that look exactly
> like the commercially made ones!

You won't get any flak from me. Well maybe a little. I have become lazy
enough that I don't see the point in reproducing something commercial unless
I really think it's gonna be WAY better. The novelty of making your own ice
cream is that you can control the flavor - in my opinion.

Anyway if you don't turn up the yummy sogging choco-wafers, what about an
It's It? Or is that mainly an SF Bay Area Peninsula phenom? Two oatmeal
cookies with vanilla ice cream between them, dipped in chocolate. When I was
a kind the oatmeal cookies were huge - or they seemed huge. They had mint
It's-Its too.

enjoy