Reg

p-nut wrote:

> I'm looking to buy one of these and would like some recommendations from the
> good people in here that already use them.
>
> Make, model and where you bought would be very helpful.

My experience with low end wireless thermos hasn't been very good. I've
tried two brands.

Maverick - Excellent in all ways except for transmission distance.
They advertise 100 ft but it's a small fraction of that in actual
use. Not acceptable.

Radio Shack - I believe they call it the "BBQ Thermometer". Broke
within 24 hours of opening the package. What a POS.

I gave up on wireless and ran a few hundred ft of cat-5 wire. Now
it works reliably.