Rupert

rick wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...

> >> oups.com...
> >> =======================
> >> Problem for you is that vegans support massive fatory-farms,
> >> fool. All mono-cultue crop production is factory-farming, and
> >> it
> >> kills large numbers of animals, directly and indirectly. The
> >> only problem I see with Davis is that he only counts animals
> >> that
> >> are killed directly by crop farming. Your problem is that
> >> many
> >> more animals die per acre than are killed by machinery
> >> operations. Many more die at the end of the season from
> >> stavation and predation, because YOU forced their numbers to
> >> an
> >> unnaturally high level because of all the easy food and cover.
> >> You then take it all away when their numbers are the greatest,
> >> leaving them with nothing, killer. Too bad you're such a
> >> blood-thirsty ghoul, eh fool?
> >>

> > I think you'll find "factory-farming" usually refers to the
> > intensive
> > rearing of animals.

> ====================
> Only because you wish it to be.

Ah no, actually I think it's a simple fact about the correct usage of
words. But I could be wrong.

> The fact remains that crop
> production causes massive, very brutal, very inhumane deaths to
> animals.

I think on any reasonable assessment, they're not nearly as inhumane as
what is inflicted on animals by the factory-farming that I was talking
about.

> Why do you continue to overlook that fact while spewing
> typical vegan hate?

I don't believe I was overlooking it, and I wasn't aware of spewing any
hate. Please try to make some token effort to be reasonable.

> Have you got a justification for calling
> > mono-culture crop production "factory-farming"?

> =================
> Because every aspect of it is far more 'factory' than many meat
> production phases. You do know don't you that all beef cattle
> start out on pasture.

No, actually, I didn't. *All* of them? Can you provide a reference?

> Hardly the stuff of intensive hands-ons
> factory farming. From the very production of the seeds you use
> to the massive processing that crop foods recieve, you'll find
> crops are far more 'factory' in tehnique and reality than raising
> animals.

Ah no, actually I'm not altogether convinced of that, I'd like to see
it justified in more detail.

> > Anyway, it's all very well to abuse me for supporting these
> > practices,
> > but you don't offer any serious alternative to doing so.

> ==================
> Yes, I do.

What serious alternative do you offer?

> That you have failed to accept it says more about
> your simple rule for simple minds, 'eat no meat' than it does
> about really saving animals.
>
> If you had a
> > serious proposal for my further reducing the contribution I
> > make to
> > animal suffering then I would consider it.

> Try doing some researh killer. I have ofered an alternative that
> does contribute to far fewer animal deaths and less environmental
> impact.

Well, I don't think you have in this thread. If you could just point me
in the right direction...

[rest deleted]