rick

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > The main point of veganism is to boycott factory-farming,
>> > which
>> > causes
>> > animals to lead miserable lives.

>> =======================
>> Problem for you is that vegans support massive fatory-farms,
>> fool. All mono-cultue crop production is factory-farming, and
>> it
>> kills large numbers of animals, directly and indirectly. The
>> only problem I see with Davis is that he only counts animals
>> that
>> are killed directly by crop farming. Your problem is that
>> many
>> more animals die per acre than are killed by machinery
>> operations. Many more die at the end of the season from
>> stavation and predation, because YOU forced their numbers to
>> an
>> unnaturally high level because of all the easy food and cover.
>> You then take it all away when their numbers are the greatest,
>> leaving them with nothing, killer. Too bad you're such a
>> blood-thirsty ghoul, eh fool?
>>

> I think you'll find "factory-farming" usually refers to the
> intensive
> rearing of animals.

====================
Only because you wish it to be. The fact remains that crop
production causes massive, very brutal, very inhumane deaths to
animals. Why do you continue to overlook that fact while spewing
typical vegan hate?

Have you got a justification for calling
> mono-culture crop production "factory-farming"?

=================
Because every aspect of it is far more 'factory' than many meat
production phases. You do know don't you that all beef cattle
start out on pasture. Hardly the stuff of intensive hands-ons
factory farming. From the very production of the seeds you use
to the massive processing that crop foods recieve, you'll find
crops are far more 'factory' in tehnique and reality than raising
animals.

> Anyway, it's all very well to abuse me for supporting these
> practices,
> but you don't offer any serious alternative to doing so.

==================
Yes, I do. That you have failed to accept it says more about
your simple rule for simple minds, 'eat no meat' than it does
about really saving animals.

If you had a
> serious proposal for my further reducing the contribution I
> make to
> animal suffering then I would consider it.

Try doing some researh killer. I have ofered an alternative that
does contribute to far fewer animal deaths and less environmental
impact. Vegans don't want to hear it though, because of their
simple rule for their simple minds....