wrote:

> > >My 20-year-old bread mixer has just died and I need advice on how to
> > >find a replacement. Mfr. no longer exists. It is a 20 qt. pot with
> > >motor clamped on top & dough mixer blade, split phase motor, 1/8 hp. It
> > >mixes 10-12 loaves at a time. All I find in a search are for prof.
> > >bakeries, and home use ones are too small. I'm open to other options.
> > >Thanks, Jan

> >snip

> The smallest Hobart might work for you. There are many used ones around
> and servicing should not be a problem. If machine footprint really
> matters, there are a few quasi-industrial machines. Mine is the Swedish
> Magic Mill which does 10 cups of flour without even getting noticeably
> warm. (Caveat: stay away from the KItchenAid anything.)

LDR,

I saw a Hobart but it was too big; I'll try again. Footprint's not a
problem; it will live on a heavy rolling cart and does all its work
without being moved. Most of my breads call for 8-10 lbs. of flour.
And I know I need more than KA for what I ask of it: 2500-3000 loaves
of bread in 20+ years, most for family use.

Jan