Roy

>My 20-year-old bread mixer has just died and I need advice on how to
>find a replacement. Mfr. no longer exists. It is a 20 qt. pot with
>motor clamped on top & dough mixer blade, split phase motor, 1/8 hp. It
>mixes 10-12 loaves at a time. All I find in a search are for prof.
>bakeries, and home use ones are too small. I'm open to other options

First you let go your sentimentalism.....Your old mixer is gone...
Repairing an old and extinct mixer may cost you a lot of money that
can be better invested on a new equipment.
..Sell it to the junk shop or bury in your yard.....Put a fittting
epitaph.....<g>
Now
You are looking for a 20 quart size mixer than is suited for
breadmaking?....There are many second hand mixers as well as brand new
ones of that genre......you just have to look for it. in bakery trade
journals ...etc., classified adds .for bakery equipments...
You may have to procure a different machine with a better performance
than your "dead" one.
Say a different mixing mechanism.... not specifically a planetary type
as that is not the best for bread making; rather such as a spiral
mixer, reciprocating Artofex type, .fork type French mixer , Z--blade
mixer etc.....even the magic mill if they have the size capacity that
you desire.. take your pick.....
Roy