Damsel

"Sheldon" > said:

>Andy wrote:
>> Wondering about substituting powdered instead of granulated sugar in a
>> cream cheese frosting recipe.
>>
>> Do they measure the same for volume? The recipe calls for 1 cup
>> granulated.

>Are you sure about a cream cheese frosting recipe calling for
>granulated... I'd be very suspicious... are you sure you read that
>correctly?

Sounds weird to me, too. Could be that someone wrote it down or published
it wrong, too.

>Naturally you can substitute granulated for powdered equally by weight.
> I think you can substitute 2 1/2 cups powdered for one cup granulated,
>but this is not very accurate as granulated sugars are not always the
>same volume by weight, neither are powdered for that matter.. it's best
>to use a scale, unless you buy both sugars in equal weight packages....
>granulated sugar does come in a one pound box too.

Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump and
mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick, add a
little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable again.

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: