Steve Calvin

mikehende wrote:
> Thanks all, I think I will start with "2/3" Grey and experiment from there.
> Another question I hadn't considered, how does the "smoke" figure into all
> of this now that you mention it? Are you saying that the coals will give
> off smoke more at one time than another, then when should I actually put
> the meat on? I had assumed that I would pour the coals from the Chimney
> into the grill and put the meat on immediately?

Well, I think that I saw that you're using Kingsford. First suggestion
that I'd make is switch to lump charcoal. Do a cook with that only and
see how you like it.

On subsequent burns you can add small, soaked in water pieces of your
favorite wood until you hit on a combo that you like. Note that IMO
anyhow you shouldn't really be able to see plumes of smoke. A bare
"wiff" at most works for us. Of course YMMV.

At a minimum I'd suggest that you switch to lump.

--
Steve
Ever notice that putting the and IRS together makes "theirs"?