biig

> Larry G wrote:
> > Does anyone recommend an indoor grill?
> >
> > George Foreman? Stove-top? etc. Which do you find is the best, most
> > authentic?

> Had a George but now got a stovetop. The George neve seemed to stay hot
> enough. Once it was up to operating temperature it seemed to cool down
> too much once the meat had been put on. The stove top can get really
> super hot to sear the meat more effectively (and it was considerably
> cheaper) A bonus with the stove top is it's ability to defrost meat
> much quicker than usual (1hr or 2 for most frozen pork/chicken breasts
> etc)
>
> Doc

I have the large Hamilton Beach with the removable grill surfaces.
The only thing I don't like is that mine doesn't have a flexible hinge.
The forman does, and I think they now have a model that has removeable
grills. I cooked kabobs the other night, and while it did a good job,
it kind of flattened the ones nearest the hinge. But I like the grease
tray, as it doesn't over flow or get knocked about since it's basically
a drawer in the end and part of the unit....hth....Sharon