Stark

> "Sridhar Sathya" > wrote in message
> > When I make pizza dough it raises well, around double the size in about 45
> > minutes. The problem with my dough is it is too gooie and I'm not able to
> > toss it. Even when I try to knead it it is too elastic and shrinks as I
> > knead the dough.
> >

> > I follow the following recipe (I use a bread machine for making the
> > dough).
> > 1 tablespoon sugar
> > 1 1/4 cup water
> > 1 teaspoon yeast
> > 3 cups bread flour
> > 1 teaspoon salt
> > 1/4 cup oil.
> >

> > Any suggestions?

Someone suggested your dough is too wet. I agree. I use a bread machine
to make my pizza dough. Only 1/2 cup water for 1 1/2 cups bread flour.
Sometimes an extra teaspoon or two to get the machine mix started, but
that's it. Usually make it in the morning; let it rise in the fridge;
take it out late afternoon and work with it around 7:00. It can still
be cool and slightly elastic but workable.

Sticky dough may also be caused by humidity. The variation is amazing.
I've used same formula with same ingredients on different days and
gotten entirely different doughs. And as unpleasant as it is to work
with, the stickier dough seems to make a better pizza crust.