George

Dan Logcher wrote:
> George wrote:
>
>> Dan Logcher wrote:

>>> It is albacore tuna, and called bincho maguro or shiro maguro.
>>> It is very tender, a pinkish color, and rich flavor. I do not think
>>> it is a traditional item, but it is becoming available all over.
>>>

>> I will have to ask my itamae when I get a chance and he's not so busy,
>> but the "white tuna" I was served was absolutely white with no
>> pinkness to it. My wife commented that it was almost too bland as she
>> likes it a bit stronger in flavor.

> Was it firm texture or soft? If it was firm, oilfish. If it was soft,
> ablacore.
>
>> Thank you both, Dan & Musashi, for your help. I knew I had read the
>> issue on Oilfish before, but couldn't recall the details and
>> appreciated your indulgences in my repeat question.

> Hey, no problem.

Thank you.

As we both recall, it was a bit difficult to bite right through as if it
had a bit of sinew in it. Otherwise, I would think that it was soft. But
that's a tough call as most fish, to me is soft as opposed to clams
which I consider firm to chewy. I'll get to the bottom of this next time
I'm there.

--
The First Nation people call him "Walking Eagle" because he's so full of
shit he can't fly anymore.