Duwop

"mikehende" > wrote in message
> I was told that when all of the coals are "gray" [I call this "white"],
> that they are 1/2 burnt out so they will not last long, what's your take
> on this please?

It's been a while since I've used Killford but used them long enough to
remember that they'd cover up with ash well before being half consumed. It
depends on your own tatsebuds, lighting up is when coals put out the most
smoke residue, this is a good thing with lump or wood, but pretty
problematic with Killford because they are putting out some nasty (to me
anyway) tasting smoke. By the time K'fords have some ash they have also
passed their peak outgassing. Since a cooker takes a few minutes to heat up
anyway dumping them out of the chimney when they still are 1/2 to 2/3 black
or so is probably about right.