Shaun aRe

"modom" > wrote in message
> On 15 Jun 2005 16:53:24 -0700, "Jude" > wrote:
>
> >I made the most delicious dinner tonight!!!
> >

> You sure did.
> [nice recipe snipped]

<G!> - My reaction too ',;~}~

<little snip>

> >I used about 4 T butter, melted, about 1/2 c white wine, 2 T lemon
> >juice, and some capers. I whisked everything together and cooked it on
> >low for a while, and it tasted good spooned over the fish, but the
> >consistency was simply that of melted butter, not quite as thick as I
> >had hoped it would reduce to.

> You might try incorporating the butter after you've reduced the wine
> and lemon juice a little. Take the reduction off the heat and whisk
> the softened (not melted) butter into it, letting the residual heat do
> the melting for you. With luck, it'll thicken like a gravy. It has
> worked for me, anyway.

My thoughts too - I can be a little hesitant to suggest things sometimes,
as, well, it's only stuff I've read or seen 'on da TV', so I'm glad you said
the same, heheh... ',;~}~

<snip>

> >Nice way to start the summer!!!

> Sounds like it. The stuffed flounder sounded delightful. Thanks for
> sharing it with us.
>

> modom

Yup! Gonna have to try this at home - Kath loves Greek style food, and we
have plenty of flounder caught regularly around here (esp. just up the coast
where they are known as 'Flukes', in/around/near a town called Flukesborough
(Cumbria) - they (locals) often go out with the kids onto the sand flats
'paddling for flukes').

Shaun aRe
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.