Loki

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:33:57 -0400, "Garrett Fulton"
> wrote:
>
>Don't listen to Chuck. Get the chickens. They're hardly any trouble if you
>keep the predators fenced away from them. They don't say much, keep to
>themselves, and will give you eggs that are way better than the local
>grocery. You're in La. They'll eat your crawfish heads, too. Just my .02.

Well, maybe next year.

The problem right now is keeping the 8 dogs inside their fenced area
(the size of a normal home lot). They are escape artists and the four
smallest ones all seem to find ways out almost daily. Four smallest
defined as two in the 15-20 lb range and two weighing in at 30 pounds
each.

Once I get that take care of, I still have to deal with the neighbor
dogs. We have a leash law, it's just not enforced. Heck, even seeing
a collar on a dog is about a 50-50 shot.

Then there are the cats. What chance do the chickens have?

Loki - who would love to have fresh eggs