Garrett Fulton

"Loki" > wrote in message
> On 13 Jun 2005 21:15:26 GMT, (William R.
> Watt) wrote:
>

> >Loki ) writes:
> >
> >> So, what do I do with all this bounty that is about to happen?

> >One way to delay the problem for a few months is to get some livestock

and
> >feed them on the surplus. The livestock will turn the bounty into
> >meat, maybe milk, and fertilizer. Well, maybe you are not too interested

in
> >fertilizer. Milk can be further preserved my making cheese, putting off
> >consumption by a year. Meat can be frozen, dried, smoked, etc. Never do
> >today what you can put off until tomorrow.

> Oh dear. I almost got chickens this spring. Chuck talked me out of
> it.
>
> And while I *could* keep livestock despite living within city limits,
> I really don't have room once I make room for all the dogs...
>
> Loki

Don't listen to Chuck. Get the chickens. They're hardly any trouble if you
keep the predators fenced away from them. They don't say much, keep to
themselves, and will give you eggs that are way better than the local
grocery. You're in La. They'll eat your crawfish heads, too. Just my .02.

Garrett Fulton