George Shirley

The Joneses wrote:

> Loki wrote:
>

>>Oh, and the HUGE fig tree is loaded as is the neighbor's that hangs
>>over our fence. Those will be ripe soon so fig jam/preserves/whatever
>>but what else?
>>

> I thought Pickled Figs were way too sweet, too mushy, and a general waste of
> boiling water.
>

>>>Glad to hear you've settled into north Louisiana though.

> Ditto. I'm here in zone 7 myself, we're about the same latitude but I'm 4,000
> feet up. I do well planting my dill in February and freezing fronds & tops
> till the cukes on the farms are available.Plant a bay leaf tree if you can. I
> have a crafter that buys my excess branches. A leaf in your shoe is supposed
> to draw money to you!

You would like it down here on the coast Edrena, I live at 27 feet above
sea level but bay trees grow wild in the area. What the local folk call
"bay galls" or "bay mottes" are just huge stands of bay trees. Reminds
me I need to plant my bay tree, it's been in a 15 gallon bucket for so
many years it's completely root bound.

>>Well, sorta. See, there is this lack of animal control (complete
>>lack) and this excess of stray dogs and well, I can't stand to see a
>>stray hungry or sick or anything so we now have 8 dogs and adding
>>more. I'm the new Humane Society down here. We currently have 2 labs
>>(one black, one cream), one golden retriever, and one tiny spaniel up
>>for adoption. There rest are my own dogs.
>>Poor Chuck is a cat person. He *must* love me.
>>No, settled does not describe my life. <laugh>
>>Loki

> Goddess bless all of you. But be careful y'all don't get overrun!
> Edrena, cat mama

George