Loki

Default My First Louisiana Garden - Oh Dear - It All Grew!

Ok, what do I do now?????? I swear, down here, you put it in the
ground and it grows and grows and grows...

I now have zucchini daily (and am picking it tiny, breading and frying
it and having it with lemon), got 10 cukes today of varying sizes and
the tomatoes are not far behind.

I got a late start. <sigh> I don't have any peppers yet but they are
blooming, the melons are blooming and the eggplants are as well.
Didn't get any green beans in, alas. Can I still plant those and just
have a late crop?

I didn't HAVE a garden in time to plant when I should have so I've got
the hot weather stuff producing and am starting to think about
planting for fall harvest soon.

This zone 8 thing is all new to me! I'm going to have enough stuff to
put up for an army.

So, what do I do with all this bounty that is about to happen? I know
I preserve it but what recipes are favorites for zukes, cukes and
tomatoes????? I'd prefer to start with the fairly safe ones as I've
not canned nor pickled for years and years and... Oh, I can't be
that old!

Loki