Ken Blake

In ,
Jeremy Dominik > typed:

> I have an old bottle of Mateus Rose sogrape portugal wine. It
> does not
> have a vintage date on it, but must have been sitting around my
> house
> for 20 years easy. Is it still good to drink or has it been
> overaged
> and now no longer any good.

This is a low-quality, low-priced wine made for immediate
consumption. It should never have been aged at all, and should
have been drunk (if at all) when first bought. So it's likely to
be terrible now.

But it won't poison you; it just won't taste good. If it were me,
I'd never throw away any bottle of wine without first opening and
tasting it. It's not likely, but surprises do occur.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup