Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Weiler
> wrote:

> Hello. Does anyone have a butter/sugar cookie type recipe that is
> particularly good for use with cookie cutters? That is to say, that
> will hold it's shape and tastes really good?
>
> Thanks ...Kristina

Funny you should ask.

* Exported from MasterCook Mac *

Sugar Cookies

Recipe By : Posted yet again to r.f.cooking by Barb Schaller, 6-7-05
Serving Size : 66 Preparation Time :12:00
Categories : Cookies

4 cups sifted cake flour (14 oz.)
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup soft shortening (5 oz.)
1 1/2 cups sugar (11-1/2 oz.)
2 eggs -- unbeaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
4 tsp. milk

Sift dry ingredients together; set aside. Mix shortening with sugar,
eggs, and vanilla until very light and fluffy. Mix in flour mixture
alternately with milk. Refrigerate dough until easy to handle (several
hours or overnight). Roll on floured board, cut, and bake at 400
degrees until delicate brown, about 9 minutes.

This is the only sugar cookie recipe I've had much luck with!! The
dough handles beautifully! Design imprints from a cookie cutter remain
on the cookie, making decorating very easy. 11/25/89: ~5-1/2 dozen
cookies.

NOTES : Source: Good Housekeeping Cookbook, page 657. First made in
the late 70s.

_____
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 5/8/05.
"Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton