-L.

Kate Gilbert wrote:
> Hi L.
> I had to tell you. You are the first person I have ever heard that
> loved left over bread as much as my husband. One of his favorite ways to
> eat it is , to slice it into pieces , then slice through it making two
> pieces. Put a little butter or oil into a skillet . When its very hot.
> Brown, the crumb side down. Turn when its brown, and fry the crust side
> few seconds. Great with syrup or with scrambled eggs and country gravy
> All you need is a fresh glass of orange juice. He has loved milk and
> bread , since a little boy, too.

IMO, cornbread seved this way is so much tastier than pancakes or
waffles. It's really filling though - and so good it's easty to
overindulge. I just cut it into squares, split them, spread on some
butter and nuke for 10 seconds or so - Top with warmed syrup. Really
good with bacon or sausgae if you like those things.

Ok, now I have to go make some cornbread, LOL...

-L.