Kate Gilbert

-L. wrote:

> wrote:
>
>>I have an airtight plastic bread box. Storing cornbread in it causes
>>mold in 2 or 3 days. What should I store cornbread in?

> I cut mine into servings, and wrap each in foil and stick it in the
> fridge - reheat in the oven within a couple days. I LOVE old cornbread
> nuked with butter and maple syrup...yum! Probably one of my favorite
> breakfasts.
>
> -L.

Hi L.
I had to tell you. You are the first person I have ever heard that
loved left over bread as much as my husband. One of his favorite ways to
eat it is , to slice it into pieces , then slice through it making two
pieces. Put a little butter or oil into a skillet . When its very hot.
Brown, the crumb side down. Turn when its brown, and fry the crust side
few seconds. Great with syrup or with scrambled eggs and country gravy
All you need is a fresh glass of orange juice. He has loved milk and
bread , since a little boy, too.