Nancy Young

Default Crullers (Dunkin' Donuts)

Speaking of Dunkin' Donuts (was I?), I went to a small luncheon today
and wound up by happenstance sitting across from someone who owns a
number of Dunkin' Donut shops. DAMN I just thought of it, he said a
few KFCs TOO! and I didn't ask about the herbs and spices. I cannot
believe it. Well, if I remember, I'll probably be seeing them again
over the spring, so I'll try to remember then. Grrrr.

At any rate, he oddly brought up the Dunkin' Donut, you know, the one
with the handle. They don't make them any more. I was sure I saw
that someone else here mentioned that. He says he complained to the
new (?) owner company (whoever bought out the original) to no avail.
I was like BUT they are Dunkin Donuts! That was my favorite. Nothing
he can do, they won't bring it back.

What else ... he said a company from Canada is coming into the market,
(took me a while to understand, he is from India and I was across the
table from him), Tom something. Very good product. A few seconds I
thought, oh, I read about them on rfc, Tim Horton, like that? Yes.

Were they the ones bought out by Wendy's? I forget.

Krispy Kreme, he thinks they have not expanded rapidly enough. That
surprised me. He's the businessman, not me.

nancy (WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK ABOUT THE 11 HERBS AND SPICES?????)