Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Alan S wrote on 04 Jun 2005 in alt.food.diabetic

> On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 00:31:15 +0100, "Seehear"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hi Alan,
> >T2 for 5 years (DoB 1951)
> >1/2 Bottle Encona - (Spelled it wrong first time around) 1 bottle
> >is 220 ml, there isn't a nutritional breakdown on the label -
> >just ingredients and SUGAR is at the top.
> >Fried Pineapples - just a few bits - say 2 Oz.
> >BG pre say 5.9. + 1 Hr = 13.... + 2 Hr = about 7 to 8
> >
> >I know this is an indulgence meal! But 1/2 hour later, I'm
> >usually walking somewhere on on the treadmill.

> Hi "Seehear"
>
> I hope you have that treadmill set uphill. You'll need a
> good long walk.
>
> I'll try to put this calmly.
>
> To me, deliberately eating something that would give me
> 13(235) at one hour, and was still at 7 or 8 (125-145) at
> two hours would not be an indulgence.
>
> It would be a slow form of painful suicide.
>
> I'd suggest, in the interests of your own health, that you
> do two things. First, read this link:
>
> http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm
>
> Second, come over and join the mad, kook-prone,
> well-trolled, noisy, rarely agreeing but usually agreeable
> mob on alt.support.diabetes.
>
> It may save your life, limbs and sight.
>

> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

Maybe Seehear doesn't know that after 7.6 permenent damage occurs.
That's PERMENENT DAMAGE, as in lasts till you die. Which can build up
to cause stroke, heart attack, blindness, limb loss and nerve damage.
Hope the meal was worth it. It probably took a month off your quality
of life.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 215 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban