stgagnon

Default glazing a bundt cake

Greetings!

I just purchased a fancy "sand castle" bundt cake pan from Williams
Sonoma. I'm making a "Knights in Shining Armor" birthday cake for my
little boy. I'd like to glaze the cake with something that I can cover
the entire cake with (not just drizzles down the sides) but will not
hide the details of the sand castle mold. After glazing, I'd like to
further decorate it by putting candies on it and piping frosting on
some of the details.

So my question is this: What kind of glaze can I make that will be
thin enough to cover the cake completely by pouring and not so thick
that it hides the details.. or that it needs to be spread on, which
will certainly hide the details. Also, if it were thick enough also to
stick on candy embellishments that would be great, but I realize I may
need to just spread on buttercream in the places where I want to stick
things..

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Suzanne.