Stark

Default Sticky Dough? What causes?

Is it just too wet? Some of my best pizza crusts have been slightly
sticky, but other efforts have been too sticky to handle and at the
same time warning me about the addition of too much flour.

This ultra stickiness is to board and to hands, usually requiring a
scraper to quasi- knead the dough. I'm guess that's not a proper
kneading at all--more a brusing insult to the dough.

I live in an ultra humid climate, usually, but last night and for the
past few days it's been almost desert dry. The flour, either Gold
Medal or King Arthur AP was a couple a months old.

So when the dough is ultra-sticky do I just keep adding flour or handle
it with a scraper and repeatedly oiled hands.