Priscilla Ballou

In article >,
Alan S > wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:20:45 +0100, "Seehear"
> > wrote:
>
> >Friggin gorgeous!
> >
> >Ok - 1 portion needs a breast from a free-range 3Lb chicken that;'s been
> >LIGHTLY roasted. If it's overcooked - you can't make this - the breast MUST
> >be JUST set and real juicy!
> >
> >Dice the cooked juicy breast into bite size - I mean SMALL bites - not
> >Goliath bites.
> >
> >Now take 1 shallott, 1/4 each green and red peppers, a clove of garlic
> >squashed, and cut all into strips equal and small. + A thumb of ginger cut
> >into hair fine strips, get these into a wok or frypan, stirfast and need to
> >be still VERY crunchy!
> >Add the chicken and a half bottle of Ancona Thai Hot Sweet Chili Sauce and
> >some previously fried-till-caramelised Pineapples.
> >Boil it up and simmer 1 minute and pour onto a plate. Garnish with finely
> >sliced Bird's Eye chillies.
> >On the side, a whopping portion of Steamed Green Beans.
> >Your eyes will water, taste buds scream with delight, you'll probably choke
> >at least once, and you will want this time and time again!
> >No need for rice - or anything else.
> >

> Sounds delicious. You imply that this is a one-serve recipe.
> Are you a diabetic? T1 or T2?
>
> What was the carb count in a half-bottle of Ancona Thai Hot
> Sweet Chili Sauce and the fried-till-caramelised Pineapples?
> What are your BGs like an hour after eating it?
>
> Definitely no rice for me - but you could try experimenting
> if you want to low-carb it. As an alternative to the Sweet
> Chili Sauce I'd suggest a combination of a tablespoon of
> splenda, some finely chopped hot chili or chili powder, a
> tablespoon of vinegar, a squirt of lemon juice and a
> half-cup of finely chopped tinned tomato or some tomato
> puree. Adjust with water or white wine as it cooks. With
> that sort of sauce I may be able to handle a little
> pineapple.

Oooh, you guys are inspiring me. I was wondering what to do with that
boneless chicken breast for tonight. Hmmm, I don't like hot stuff, but
peppers, garlic, ginger, a sauce made with vinegar, splenda, tomato
puree, a little bit of pineapple, served on shiritaki (soluble fiber
"noodles") sounds pretty darn good. Hmmm. What else can I add?
Mushrooms, scallions....

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong