Alan S

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:20:45 +0100, "Seehear"
> wrote:

>Friggin gorgeous!
>
>Ok - 1 portion needs a breast from a free-range 3Lb chicken that;'s been
>LIGHTLY roasted. If it's overcooked - you can't make this - the breast MUST
>be JUST set and real juicy!
>
>Dice the cooked juicy breast into bite size - I mean SMALL bites - not
>Goliath bites.
>
>Now take 1 shallott, 1/4 each green and red peppers, a clove of garlic
>squashed, and cut all into strips equal and small. + A thumb of ginger cut
>into hair fine strips, get these into a wok or frypan, stirfast and need to
>be still VERY crunchy!
>Add the chicken and a half bottle of Ancona Thai Hot Sweet Chili Sauce and
>some previously fried-till-caramelised Pineapples.
>Boil it up and simmer 1 minute and pour onto a plate. Garnish with finely
>sliced Bird's Eye chillies.
>On the side, a whopping portion of Steamed Green Beans.
>Your eyes will water, taste buds scream with delight, you'll probably choke
>at least once, and you will want this time and time again!
>No need for rice - or anything else.

Sounds delicious. You imply that this is a one-serve recipe.
Are you a diabetic? T1 or T2?

What was the carb count in a half-bottle of Ancona Thai Hot
Sweet Chili Sauce and the fried-till-caramelised Pineapples?
What are your BGs like an hour after eating it?

Definitely no rice for me - but you could try experimenting
if you want to low-carb it. As an alternative to the Sweet
Chili Sauce I'd suggest a combination of a tablespoon of
splenda, some finely chopped hot chili or chili powder, a
tablespoon of vinegar, a squirt of lemon juice and a
half-cup of finely chopped tinned tomato or some tomato
puree. Adjust with water or white wine as it cooks. With
that sort of sauce I may be able to handle a little
pineapple.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.