Tiger Lily

we use real sugar in the pickled beets

but it's a very small portion as compared to
'regular' recipes for pickling foods with (you do
NOT want to drink the 'juice' from these pickled
beets).............. mind you........ the kidlet
does want to drink it...... go figure :-)

i'll see if i can find the recipe that uses real
sugar to give you an idea of the
proportions........... (hubby makes this, it's his
flair not mine)

--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"None Given" > wrote in
message ...
> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> > home made pickled beets......... very little

sugar
> > in the vinegar used to pickle them
> >
> > the beets are carby as well
> >
> > this isn't something you get to eat a lot of

> Do you have a recipe that might work if I

substitute sweetener for sugar?

> --
> No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The

Dishes