Alan S

On Mon, 30 May 2005 12:53:48 -0500, Sherry

:
><Snip>
>>
>> Hi Kate
>>
>> Now I'm trying to work out how to let her know she's not the
>> only one, without letting her know I broadcast her situation
>> to the world. She also has a problem with capsicum (bell
>> peppers), but the symptoms are different. Similar to
>> metformin I'm told.

>Capsaicin in bell peppers???? Hmm. That's the "hot" to chili peppers.
>
>"Bell peppers are not ‘hot’. They contain a recessive gene which
>eliminates capsaisin, the compound responsible for the ‘hotness’ found
>in other peppers."
>http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=50
>

>Similar to metformin??? How's that?
>
>Sherry

Regional nomenclature.

The vegetable you call "Bell Pepper" we call "Capsicum".
They are part of the same family, but as you say, they are
fleshy and sweet, not hot.

And I was attempting to be discreet as to the "similar to
metformin". Think about the early stage effects, but on the
GI tract, not on BGs.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.