Alan S

On Mon, 30 May 2005 08:51:13 +0100, "Nicky"
> wrote:

>"Raleighgirl" > wrote in message
om...
>> Hi all.
>> I'm newly diagnosed so am reeling from all of the dietary
>> changes.
>> The main things I miss are snack foods!

>I buy large bags of pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, dry-roast them
>until golden in a skillet (I burn them if I put them in an oven!), and then
>add salt and spices to taste.
>
>You can make those cheese crisps yourself - google for a recipe. Personally,
>I prefer a small piece of Brie or cheddar.
>
>There's always pork scratchings : )
>
>Nicky.

Hi Nicky

I buy raw unsalted nuts and oven roast them myself.
Something I learnt early - it only takes 8 minutes in a hot
oven for mixed nuts; I'd guess at 3-5 minutes maximum for
pumpkin, sunflower etc.

I don't add salt - to anything. I get more than I need in
the small quantities of processed foods I eat and in eating
out.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.