Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Alan S wrote on 29 May 2005 in alt.food.diabetic

> On Sun, 29 May 2005 20:34:01 GMT, "Raleighgirl"
> > wrote:
>
> >Celery and carrots don't count.

> Er..why?
>
> Use celery stalks or strips of carrot as dippers in a good
> low-carb dip - a guacamole, or some form of cheese dip. It's
> low carb, but keep an eye on the calories in the dip.
>
> I posted this one a while back, but there are plenty of
> recipes if you search around.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/calsh
>
> If you can't handle celery or carrots try low-carb crackers
> - but again keep an eye on the fat calories too. Crackers
> tend to have saturated or trans fats.
>

> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

Carrots are a little Carbish...for me.

Try a old fashion salad idea with a twist...
A little vinegar, a little water, some sweetner and a plate full of
thinly sliced cucumber and Diakon radish.

Make enough of the liquid to just cover the veggies. Try equal parts
vinegar and water to start, sweeten to your personal taste...adjust
from there. Some people add a few crushed red chilli peppers. Some add
a dash of salt. You get the Idea.

Put the veggies in the liquid and let them sit at least 20 minutes to
marry the flavours, then eat them.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban