Sherry

Alan S > wrote in
:

<snip>

> Can't argue with that - individual allergies are always a
> problem for any food item. You've done it correctly, by
> elimination with medical supervision. Similarly, my wife
> cannot eat tomato skin, but that doesn't make it wrong or
> dangerous for the great majority of those considering
> whether tomatoes should be part of their diet. <snip>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

Tomato *skin*? Can she eat the rest of the tomato?

I always wondered - the rest of the plant is poisonous (as is the
potato plant, except for the tuber) - when they discovered that part of
the plant was poisonous, who was dumb enough to keep trying the other
parts until they found the part that wasn't???

Sherry