Alan S

On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:56:48 GMT, "Gabe"
> wrote:

>"Alan S" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Do what you like - but the nonsense written about aspartame
>> is exactly that - nonsense.

>Alan,
>If aspartame doesn't bother you then use it but it does affect some people
>adversely. It is not nonsense. I agree saying that it will cause everyone
>a problem is nonsense but to say it will not cause problems in some people
>is wrong. Both my daughter and I cannot tolerate aspartame in any form.
>We have done diet elimination and every time we add aspartame back to our
>diet we have problem. For us we will avoid aspartame. She also cannot
>tolerate Splenda so she is out of luck. Very chemically sensitive.

Hi Gabe

Can't argue with that - individual allergies are always a
problem for any food item. You've done it correctly, by
elimination with medical supervision. Similarly, my wife
cannot eat tomato skin, but that doesn't make it wrong or
dangerous for the great majority of those considering
whether tomatoes should be part of their diet.

My comment was concerning "the nonsense written about
aspartame" attributing most of the world's ills to this
substance; most of the nonsense originates from the
followers of a particular fanatical source. Gradually, the
lie becomes part of general belief.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.