Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 26 May 2005 10:46:29p, Alan S wrote in alt.food.diabetic:

> On 27 May 2005 07:15:46 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>> Heat no-stick frying pan at medium heat until butter or oil begins to
>>> sizzle. Add beef cubes, garlic and onion.
>>> Allow to cook until beef is browned and tender; add wine, bouillon,
>>> Worcester Sauce, and spices. Cook until a gravy forms. Remove from
>>> heat. Stir in sour cream until mixture is creamy brown.
>>> Optional - serve with low-carb pasta.

>>I thought Beef Stroganoff was usually made with sliced beef tenderloin,
>>quickly cooked, although I guess most any cut of beef could be used.
>>
>>--
>>Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> I never waste top cuts in a casserole or stew; which is how
> I cook my version. Buy the cheapest cuts and cook them slow
> and long.
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

I'm not implying that using a stew grade of meat doesn't result in a very
tasty dish. Only that the earliest or "original" version of Beef
Stroganoff calls for beef tenderloin. The meat to be quickly sauteed in
butter, then quickly sauced and served. It results in a completely
different taste and texture. Actually, it results in a different dish
altogether.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974