Frogleg

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 06:45:15 -0700, "Larry G" >
wrote:

>"Larry G" > wrote in message ...
>> Does anybody know where I can find soybean oil? My local supermarket
>> doesn't carry it. I have a KFC clone recipe and it calls for soybean oil
>> "no substitutions", says it makes it taste more "authentic".

>Duh, alert. A web search yielded this tidbit:
>http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...23,282,00.html
>
>soybean oil=vegetable oil ?? Yes or no?

It is, as your search turned up, one of the most commonly used veg
oils. However, there are other 'vegetable oils' that are also readily
available -- corn, cottonseed, peanut, olive, etc. Just check the
label and it will tell you. I just looked and one of my big bottles of
oil is labeled 'Vegetable Oil' and is soybean, while the peanut oil is
labeled 'peanut' and I think corn oil also is usually called that.