Puester

Default Crullers (Dunkin' Donuts)

alzelt wrote:

> I spent last week in a car making sales trips
> throughout New England. Froze my ass but had plenty of crullers in DD.
>
> So tell me again, Jack, the appeal of winter in New England.
> --
> Alan

I'm not Jack but I spent the first half of my life in
New England and from my POV New Englanders are frozen
in their own inertia. I found that in all but the large
cities (i.e. Boston) the attitude pervades that driving
more than five miles to go out for a special dinner is
"way too far". It is a matter of pride to live all your
life in the same town where you were born, and often in
the same house.

Yes, there's upward mobility, but not lateral....

;-)
gloria p