Gregory Morrow

Sheldon wrote:

> Paul Ciszek wrote:
> > In Massachusetts, "pub cheese" meant a mixture of sharp cheddar
> > and blue cheese, made soft and spreadable.

> That combo sounds disgusting.

I've been to hillybilly bars from West Virginny to Southron Illanoy to
Colorado to Nuevo Mexico to Michigan and Baltimore and back and I've NEVER
heard of such a thing...string cheese, cheeze curds, etc., but I have NOT
heard of this "pub cheese"...and if this thing existed it would have been
around in the corner taverns of Chicawgo here...since about 1893 or
so...along with Paw's growler...I see NO reference to it then or now.

The ghosts of Pa Kettle and Granny Clampett must be a - hidin' back there in
them MA hills ;---p

--
Best
Greg