Margaret Suran

jmcquown wrote:
> Margaret Suran wrote:
>
>>jmcquown wrote:
>>

>>>At least I *hope* I can do this. Thunderstorms are moving in and
>>>for all I know at this point I'll be eating cold canned beans for
>>>dinner. <G>
>>>
>>>Jill

>>Jill, your post, as always, is very interesting, but unless I missed
>>it, there is nothing new about your father in the last two days. How
>>is he coming along?
>>
>>Thank you in advance, M

> I haven't posted about him, Margaret. Dad is doing remarkably well. I
> spoke with him yesterday and he'd been sent home Wednesday afternoon. He
> had quite an adventure in the hospital Tuesday. They transferred him to
> another room (why, I don't know). He fell when trying to go to the bathroom
> and couldn't get up. He had his sense of humour when he told me about it...
> remember the ads for, "I've fallen but I can't get up!"? They tried to get
> him to use a walker and he said to me, "Jilly, those things have wheels on
> them, don't trust them! The wheels don't stop when you want to stop!" He
> also said the ones without wheels are a PITA to try to get around furniture
> with.
>
> It appears the surgery was a success. He's getting around the house with
> only the help of a cane (which he bought in Mexico years before I was born)
> and plans to walk a bit more each day. He also said he couldn't have done
> this without my mother, whom he called "the love of his life" That made
> me smile. Of course I remember all the arguments they had over the years.
> But he's right; he couldn't do this without her and she is the love of his
> life. He did, after all, marry the girl next door <G>
>
> Thank you for asking!
>
> Jill

Thank you for the update and the good news. When I didn't see
anything about your Father, I was afraid of bad news and your post
made me very happy.

For dinner tonight, we had asparagus salad, roasted chicken with rice
and cole slaw and for dessert I made a couple of Palatschinken, but
only for Marcel. No wine, I am trying to lose the two pounds that I
put on lately. No bread, either, if I don't catch it early, it is
difficult to lose more than the two pounds I gained. (