jmcquown

Margaret Suran wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>

>> At least I *hope* I can do this. Thunderstorms are moving in and
>> for all I know at this point I'll be eating cold canned beans for
>> dinner. <G>
>>
>> Jill

> Jill, your post, as always, is very interesting, but unless I missed
> it, there is nothing new about your father in the last two days. How
> is he coming along?
>
> Thank you in advance, M

I haven't posted about him, Margaret. Dad is doing remarkably well. I
spoke with him yesterday and he'd been sent home Wednesday afternoon. He
had quite an adventure in the hospital Tuesday. They transferred him to
another room (why, I don't know). He fell when trying to go to the bathroom
and couldn't get up. He had his sense of humour when he told me about it...
remember the ads for, "I've fallen but I can't get up!"? They tried to get
him to use a walker and he said to me, "Jilly, those things have wheels on
them, don't trust them! The wheels don't stop when you want to stop!" He
also said the ones without wheels are a PITA to try to get around furniture
with.

It appears the surgery was a success. He's getting around the house with
only the help of a cane (which he bought in Mexico years before I was born)
and plans to walk a bit more each day. He also said he couldn't have done
this without my mother, whom he called "the love of his life" That made
me smile. Of course I remember all the arguments they had over the years.
But he's right; he couldn't do this without her and she is the love of his
life. He did, after all, marry the girl next door <G>

Thank you for asking!

Jill