Stark

In article >, AlleyGator
> wrote:

> Stark > wrote:
>
> >Mebbe so. But I like a soupy beef hash sans potatoes that I eat over
> >hot water cornbread, or pone, if you will.
> >

> Why in the world would you think you're crazy? I'd set a little of it
> aside for stew or chili, and yeah, you can dredge it in some flour
> with salt and pepper mixed in, or my favorite, throw it in a crockpot
> with some water (just a hair, not too much) and some favorite
> seasonings - about 3 or 4 hours before you're ready to eat, throw in
> some taters, carrots, onions, cabbage, whatever. Good stuff.

Thanks, Gator, but does rib eye need slow-cooking? I thought if I
diced it, browned it then made a gravy, I could toss the beef back in
for a heat up and it would be tender enough for my chompers.

I pan seared a 1- inch rib eye for a salad, 1 minute a side in a very
hot skillet, then 3 minutes in a hot oven, let cool and sliced. Wife
said it was a little chewy, but tasted good. Guess I've partially
answered my own question. Duh!