Sheldon

Shaun a Dimwit scrawled:
> "Sheldon" wrote:
> > Stressed wrote:
> > > If you scrub the mold off of a potato, is it ok to eat? I say no,

my
> > > husband thinks it's alright. Thank you.

> > Potatoes are subject to myriad diseases.
> >
> > A common tuber disease is Rhizoctonia or black scurf. This fungal
> > disease is characterized by small, irregular black patches on the

tuber
> > surface. These patches, called "sclerotia,"

> Are you *certain* you have the right word there?

Are you *certain* you have the correct reference there... dictionarys
are notoriously worthless for abstractions.

> "n. pl. scle=B7ro=B7ti=B7a (-sh-, -sh)
> A dense mass of branched hyphae, as in certain fungi, that contain

stored
> food and are capable of remaining dormant for long periods.
>
> [New Latin, from Greek sklrots, hardness, from sklros, hard.]"
>
> Truffles are sclerotia.

Uni-dimensional thinking... can't even comprehend his own reference...
did anyone ever tell you that you are functionally illiterate, you are
you know, most definitely... you've just demonstated that you have the
IQ of a potato, mashed. You're way too dumb to succeed at being a LOUD
MOUTH. I'm positive yours is the lowest IQ of all who've subscribed to
rfc during the past five year period. Typical internet/usenet Newbie,
with hair trigger keyboard. Didn't yer momma teach you to put
pea-brain into gear before opening yap. Had only you'd known how to do
an internet search for <potato diseases>. DUH

There's a 'zillion' of em:

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/plymouth/pubs/scurf.html

http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.corne...hizoctonia.htm

Sheldon (grows/knows spuds)