Dee Randall

"Stressed" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Sorry, I should have been more clear. It wasn't green, it was patches
> of black stuff, I thought that was mold. I always thought the green was
> from exposure to sun, I'm glad to know that's true. Does anyone know
> about black patches on potatoes?
>
> Cost of more potatoes wouldn't be a problem, but time was. We live in
> the middle of nowhere, so we couldn't just run out to the store. The
> potatoes were to be a special Mothers Day treat for me. He bought me
> the largest one he could find. It was going to be baked, piled high
> with real butter, real sour cream and full fat cheese. I eat this maybe
> twice a year. We will be going out to dinner in August, I think I will
> have one then.

I've always wondered what this black discoloration is on potatoes that been
boiled or peeled-and-baked and let set in the refrigerator overnight (to use
the next morning for frying). This black discoloration wasn't there when
they came out of the oven or boiling water.
Any ideas? Or is this another question I'll pose at the Pearly Gates?
Dee