Old 05-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Vox Humana

"Iraxl Enb" wrote in message
I have been baking bread for some time now, and am
pretty confortable experimenting with different
addtions/modifications to basic recipies.

One thing that I am unable to acheive is bread with a
skin-like crust like that on Wonderbread. Food-snobbery
aside, my wife likes those, and I like a challenge.

My theory is that I have a plain old gas oven, and that
it is not going to be possible to achieve that kind of
a bread without an electric convection oven with steam
injection and a controlled humidity proofing box (maybe
this will get me approved for a new oven :-))

I think a convection oven with steam injection is the exact opposite of what
you need to make a thin, soft crust.